Camp Powers exists as a sacred place for the stories of children, teens, and adults as they respond to the call of Christ. Camp Powers provides opportunities for self-directed Christian camps and retreats. Located just outside of Nacogdoches, Texas, we are a great location for a camp or retreat of up to 150 people. For more than 50 years, this campground has been a part of the story of children, teens, and adults in their spiritual formation.
Camp Powers features multiple options for lodging and meeting spaces.
- “Big Green” – this building was constructed in 2006(?) and serves as our largest indoor meeting space. It features a main room capable of hosting 150 people in theatre style seating and two breakout or conference rooms as well as restrooms. Audio and video equipment is available for this room.
- Outdoor Tabernacle – this open shelter features a stage area and seatingfor 120. This is a great place for early morning and late evening meetings as you are surrounded by the sounds of the woods.
- Dining Hall – the dining hall features a full service kitchen and serving bar and can hold 75 people at a time.
- Pavilion – this area features recreational games including a covered half-court basketball section, an enclosed game room, snack bar, as well as an uncovered sand volley-ball pit and an uncovered half-court basketball area.
- Bunkhouses – cabins feature lodging for up to 14 and have a private bathroom with a shower. There are four bunkhouses on the campgrounds.
- Kirby Hall – this dormitory style building features four rooms with 7 sets of bunk beds and a shared large bathroom and shower area for the four rooms.
- Motel – featuring eight private rooms, each room has a queen-size bed and a bunk bed as well as a private bathroom and shower.
- Swimming Pool – the pool has a capacity of 50 swimmers and features a deep end of 10 feet.
- Sand Volleyball – this full sized sand pit is great for team building and fun.
- Covered Half-court Basketball – located in the pavilion this is a great place to shoot hoops and enjoy a game of knock-out or horse.
- Half-court Basketball – this court is uncovered and is a great place for the more competitive players.
- Playground – there is a small playground located in outside the dinning hall with swings and other items.
- The Field – this area features a large open area with a backstop for softball and a slope great for giant slip & slides.
- Nature Trail – the camp is surrounded by woods and a walk among the trees is great for reconnecting with God’s creation.